Sunday, November 06, 2011

Autumn Runs 2011

Last couple of runs this year:

Blenheim Palace Run - 2nd of October 2011



Lovely 21km course which got a bit hilly mid-course and towards the end. Joined Noris, Alden and Rina for this one. I was a bit rubbish as I haven't run in ages (2:27:59) This was 17 mins more than my last half marathon a year ago. The weather was strangely warm for October which helped to prevent any muscular cramping and injury. Had a walk-around the ancestral home of Winston Churchill post-run which was nice.


Royal Parks Half Marathon 2011 on the 9th October 2011


This is my 2nd attempt at the Royal Parks. The Royal Parks is known for its great organization and atmosphere and as I'd enjoyed myself so much last year, I signed-up again this year. The organizers have implemented a ballot for the first time due to the overwhelming response previous years. Fantastic t-shirt again (bright lime-green charcoal shirt) which was a plus. The bag-drop was slow again as last years but Khoi and I weren't fussed and started later than the 10am gun time. Was faster this week (compared to Blenheim) at 2:20:26 but still slower than last year's (2:09:47). Last of the runs this year.

No comments: