Friday, June 25, 2010

Oat and Eggs

Ever tried microwaving oats and egg in the microwave? I'd highly suggest you not.

Have been stressed at work and planned to get into Heathrow at 6am the next morning so went to bed pretty early at 11pm. Skipped dinner and all since I just got back from frisbee at about 10pm. Must've have been more highly strung than I thought - woke up at midnight; hungry and worrying about Earned Value.

Breathing deeply and doing the 'Savasana' didn't help so I went to the kitchen to at least quieten my growling tummy. It was a debate between instant noodles or oats - didn't want to feel terribly full thus the oats won - microwaved a cup with an egg in it.

After a few minutes, took it out of the oven and stirred in some soya sauce. There was loud 'Pop!' and the whole thing exploded in my face.

It must have been an almighty blow-over as it was all over the floor, counter and ceiling. No matter that my shirt, face and hair had an instant oat-egg mask. Had to get on my hands and knees to scrub the floor and then climb the counters to clean the mess off the walls - at 1 am. If there's anyone feeling dumb and dumber at this time of night, it's me.

It's half one now and I'm still hungry.

5 comments:

feistyflo said...

Adoi adik! Are you ok?! I hope you didn't get burned. The heat can be really nasty.

If you need to microwave an egg, crack it open first.

Fiona1 said...

I survived it- the egg was unshelled, I cracked it over the oats

Anonymous said...

Hello..

My hubby tried an egg with maggie mee in the microwave.It exploded too.I think we must prick the yolk before microwave.

....wawa

Ladywite said...

Poor you! You do need to prick the egg with a fork prior to microwaving it :)

Anonymous said...

Hope u're ok. This is a lesson for me to learn, too, since I don't use the microwave much and might have attempted to cook an egg if I didn't read what u wrote ;)