Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ice Kacang in Umea

What do u do when it snows like crazy and you've got peanuts in your cupboard? Make some 'Ice kacang' of course.

"Snow Nuts" translated literally is a popular Malaysian dessert in all its sugary, unhealthy glory. After coming back from Scharinska at 11pm, had a whim to eat some snow so I went out with a bowl and went to a spot where I thought there'd be the cleanest snow - on an outdoor table where no dog could reach.

Before that I filled the bottom with corn, peanuts and jam. After scooping some snow, I poured some dark corn syrup on it...yummy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god...I don't think you should just scoop up the snow from outside and eat it wholemeal like that! I'll be waiting for some tummy ache post tomorrow. :) but anyhoo, glad you could concoct a slice of home right up there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds delicious... as long as the snow is clean :-)

Fiona1 said...

Haha yeah its great.
BTW Tomas, I didn't pick snow where u've been ...I saw u!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, you're just crazy Fiona and that's one of the reasons I like you so much =) Kiss!

Anonymous said...

what?????? can eat one ar?????

~La Libellule Rouge~ said...

no way!! you are so cool, woman... can't wait till you come back! :)