Thursday, March 27, 2008

Favicon, Flavicon, Fiovicon


OK FYI in case you were wondering, I didn't get sick after eating the snow and it's been 24 hours already. Nevertheless I had a great time eating that thingy.

I've been tinkering on my blog - didn't like the "Tic Tac" template provided by Blogger 'cause the margins were too wide so I thought I'd follow the 3 column-style provided by this great blog (Tips for New Bloggers) Special thanks to Jiann for recommending this site who's got a nice blog himself too.

The thing that kept me most occupied was trying to figure out how to make the Favicon show. In case u didn't know, a Fav - Eye -Con is the little piccy next to your url in the address page. I made my own out of Paint and generated it as an .ico file on any free Online Favicon Generator searchable on Google. (it's a blue frog in case u were wondering) . Thought of ripping some cartoon off Google Search Image but it was more fun to create one to fla-vi-con my blog. Sometimes the thing doesn't show for reasons unknown - so if you're reading this, do me a favour and tell me if it's still there. There are loads of rubbish sites out there (decepti-Cons) and I couldn't figure out why it didn't show. Apparently Blogger rejects .ico files unless you've uploaded one in your cache in googlepage creator. And another quirk is that Googlepages can't recognize the file if it's called 'Favicon'. So if u plan to upload your .ico file, rename it.

3 comments:

Cometh said...

Hi there, the favicon is there. I have checked already. But thanks for the feedback. What browser are you are using?

Firefox is the best in my opinion. Get that and you can view your favicon all the time.

As for IE6 or IE7, you will need to bookmark the website/blog first then you will be able to see the favicon on next visit.

So, if you are using IE... Then you have no choice but to bookmark/add to favorite my blog.. =p

Fiona1 said...

Hi there
Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll never use IE again haha

Jiann Chyuan said...

Hey Fiona,
Surprised that I've been featured in your blog post. It was really just a simple gesture.
Seems like you have been experimenting with your blog. That's great! And ya, I can see your favicon. I'm definitely going to make one myself when I am free. Hehe...
Keep up the good job with your blog!