Sunday, October 22, 2006

Thoughts while Plodding


Feeling sleepy now....Why do we do the things we do? Are we the things that we do? Went for a jog and did some laundry in between. We took the new route in the forest next circling the campus - lots of leaves on the ground as autumn approaches. (goodness its autumn!) The weather was lovely , slightly chilly with promise of clear blue skies in the day time. Feet squishing on black mud (eek!), I run on, plod, plod, plod, see a rabbit run along the path, plod, plod,plod, see a squirrel scampering in the corner of my eye. I'm lost in thought while running. What is -30 degrees like? I can't imagine running like this in Umea - first of all, what is 0 degrees like? Green shadows of the trees, run past trying to see the path.(will I see a scottish ghost in the mist) Run on, no sweat, annoyed...Finally I see the path, like one would see when you're just going on with life trying to get by day by day.

No comments: