Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Haze, Traffic jams and Petrol Prices

The weather today: Hazy

So was the weather yesterday - today it got slightly better. The moment I stepped out of my office building yesterday evening I smelt that familiar burnt, dusty, pungent smell again. Reminded me of the haze of 1997 in KL - that lasted weeks.
This morning, it started to drizzle as I got into my car - my concern: acid rain disintegrating the metal body of my Kenari. Thank goodness I drive nowadays. Wouldn't want to have a acid-burn on my way to work.

The financial concern today: Petrol Price

This is the 2nd time this year that petrol prices increased. RM0.10 sen per litre. The last time I pumped was on July 31st - RM40 which is a full tank for my car got me only about 26 litres. Hallah hallah -but am thankful that if a bit of pricey petrol can save my face from acid disintegration, why not?


The CD album played in my car today: Keane:Hopes and Fears

Song of the day is "Everybody's Changing". I swear driving around in my car alone with the music blasting is entertainment itself. RM10 of petrol in the tank and driving (traffic free) is just as good as RM10 at TGV/GSC.

The word on oneword.com today: WEAPON
Time alloted: 60 seconds
Total entries: 63

Here are my favourite 5:

[velvethellvis]
Never use your feminine wiles as a weapon. they'll come back to bite you in the end when you've grown old, fat and ugly. trust me i know this.

[jaded hope]
my weaopn of choice is honesty. but not the easy, every day kind. the stuff that is left unsaid, hanging on the misconceptions of your perceptions. i say what no one wants to hear but NEEDS to hear and the power in uncovering a truth so blatantly ignored moves me beyond words.

[sam spade]
mary took the shower sprayer off it's hook and started spraying between my legs.in her other hand she held a large soapy sponge,which she immediately started rubbing all over my chest,"choose your weapon,"she cooed.

[Devilal Rajappan]
weapons of mass distructions are causing evoke in our world.we have to stop the manufacturing and use of weapons and spread the word of love.love all live long.help others..

[Dave]
my favorite weapon is the pen. you scum-sucking ingrate of a human. i can call you anything i want. fucker. asshole. or i can just stab you with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it, in one of the greenest country left in the world (primary forests), I have to stand this haze! A haze from burning trees. Trees are meant to produce oxygen not carbon monoxyde. Are you crazy Malaysians and Indonesians? Do you think this is progress? Do you think this will get you out of the jungle? The only people benefiting from it are those greedy bastards that are going to use the money to buy another appartment in London, Sidney etc. So they can show you they have a fancy address out of this mess!

Fiona1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona1 said...

Ok -I censored my blog for the first time - my own comment!
thanks anna for the candid comment -a valid one too - and hey how do u know it's not the belgians, italians or french benefitting from the forest burning? They too have fancy l'appartments and what-nots!

Anonymous said...

Well, I do not think it is the Belgians, Italians or French who are doing the logging. Go to Kutching. We have banned import of precious wood species. As for the burning to clear land for building, i am afraid, you have to look at the local contractors. They need to save money, you see, so they can update their already big Mercedes, buy their wiwes some fancy Bulgari jewelry, or another expensive brand of unnecessary watches etc. Sorry, Fiona, most of us, expatriates cannot afford such a lifestyle. Do not mix us with companies which have been welcomed in this country. Some of them have brought technology and know how. Some of them pollute, it is true, but then could you afford to drive a Kenari? I am not saying that progress is bad, I am saying that GREED is bad.