Saturday, March 01, 2014

Balik Kampung

It's always great to go home and the longer one has been away, the more nostalgia one feels when back home.

Arrived home with the slight burnt smell of the haze but the skies were clear. Blast of hot air upon exiting the airport into the car park - ah the good ole heat and the familiar feeling of beig home.

I've been away for almost 2 years now and it's as if I've been away for 5. New buildings and infrastructure has cropped up since I left and the roads have changed 'again'. I marvel at how quickly things get built here compared to the UK where every construction project is almost always delayed and crawling at a snail's pace.

The house looks shabbier than I imagined it - broken windows unfixed, gravelly cracked bitumen drive way, the mess in the house larger than life. Anyway it was a good feeling to be home as I've been having strange dreams in the home setting.


No comments: