Friday, January 20, 2012

The Dragon Year

A few days more to the new year - a hop, skip and jump from the bunny's tail and onto the head of the dragon.

A few life events expected this year for friends and family - a new little dragon baby girl for J and Y at the end of this month.
Beginnings for cousin D, friends V and A - congratulations for tying the knot. Well it should be a very 'Ong' year being the dragon - which is my sis' animal zodiac. Being a dragon girl, I can say she's definitely making big changes this year.
As for me, the Horse, I've decided to keep running with another marathon, this time in the autumn in Frankfurt. I've had 3 spring marathons and would like to try out one at the latter part of the year. Training after work would be ideal with longer summer days. Signed up for a few halfs as well as milestone markers. With the Olympics happening in London, 2012 will also be a big sporting year.

The Chinese New Year atmosphere is of course very staid in London - they've put up the lanterns in Chinatown. My colleagues are all English so no one's aware of it but I couldn't resist the mention. The punting and betting houses in London have all put up ads and banners welcoming the New Year which is pretty funny (suggesting the patrons of these are Chinese).

K is not into celebrating CNY but fortunately I have some friends who do. There'll be another round of eating and get-togethers even while recovering from Christmas.

No comments: