Sunday, January 01, 2012

Auld Lang Syne


6 more hours for the old year to end (GMT time) and the new one to start.

To start the end of the new year, had some good friends come over. Its been some time since I've caught up with everyone and had a proper gathering. It's always worth while to meet up, eat a lot and I hope everyone had a good time yesterday. Had an impromptu cooking lesson on sambal from Masterchef N and also on buttermilk churning from J (we still had a good cake out of it though). Thanks to everyone for having a good laugh over food with friends and enjoying yourself.

Guess I'll have to cough up some resolutions for the new year .....which I think would be WIP (work in progress) of the old year's resolutions. Health and weight as usual making an appearance, some other concerning career and self development, another one for family and relationships and not forgetting one for money as well.

All in all, 2011 was a good year for me. Have to be thankful for all the graces God has given that we all have our health. Also a good partner and family to support me .

Fitness-wise, I clocked 6088mins of cardio exercise (which is about 2 hours a week)...a slowing down compared to my previous years even with marathon training included. Speaking of which, pleased to say that I've completed my marathon in Paris after a 4 year hiatus - one resolution successfully resolved.

In terms of work and career, haven't really achieved much due to laziness or complacency - or maybe it's slipped off my priority list. Will have to review....

Nevertheless, financial circumstances have improved - had an adjusted increment and started only to subscribe to a pension fund in June this year. However as inflation have also crept up, (2nd half expenses 50% higher than 1st half), not sure if this increment will make much difference to my expendable income.

Well looking forward to 2012 which should be an exciting year with the London Olympics!

No comments: