Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dependence....

What is this feeling that you're missing someone and can't seem to do things unless it's been endorsed, enthused, encouraged. It used to be alright to do things without bearing on someone else's time and interest. Now every move that I make; calling up a friend, making appointments on the weekend, planning a week of exercise, suddenly creates a tension of whether this would affect another individual. Although my schedule is pretty fixed due to my staid nature and love of planning, suddenly I may need to 'cut down on my social' activities- much to my astonishment - because I like planning in advance in order to avoid surprises and this should more or less counter and mitigate expectations....

4 comments:

mumsy said...

Well, it's just a change of your lifestyle that requires you to respect another's expectations just as that person will have to respect your wishes. All said and done, it's about mutual respect for one another. It's good to talk it over so that neither feels one is giving way too much to the other.
That's life when you have a partner. Anyway, it's just my opinion.

Fiona1 said...

Thanks mum - that's how u and pa stayed married for so many years wat

Amy said...

wow, very well said. Your mum speak from experience lar. True, in a relationship you have to give and take. All the best Fi, happy for u:)

vi said...

..partner.. in a relationship..
Happy for you too Fiona!