Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Frisbee Fat Lip, Rueda and the Concert

Getting the Frisbee Fat Lip

The disc rose up in the air with a life of it's own and instinctively I followed it. Suddenly a force pummeled me to the ground and the slab of earth pounded my face. Before I knew it, I tasted some grass and gritty sand. Dazed, I wondered if I had lost any teeth and gone blind.

Rueda

It was seamless movements riding on a beat that could never end. Feet danced in circles and eights - an invisible hand guided their bodies like a pattern on a wall-paper. Music - party-like surrounding the little brown hut in the middle of the grassy field. Hands on hands, hands on waist, hands on shoulders. Feet moving left, feet moving right, then around.

The Concert

"You gotta roll with it, you gotta take your time, you gotta say what you say, don't let anybody get in your way, cause it's all too much for me to take"

A million hands waved and a million feet jumped. A blaze of colour lit up the arena as the jackhammer of sound pumped from the black centre that was the stage. A symphony of souls, an orchestra of emotion, conducted by the man in the green jacket.

"Say it loud and sing it proud! And they...Will dance if they want to dance,Please brother take a chance,You know they're gonna go,All we know is that we don't know,What is gonna be,Please brother let it be,Life on the other hand won't let you understand,Why we're all part of the masterplan"

No comments: