Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wicked

Just watched 'Wicked' yesterday night. After being in London for almost 2 months and coming here so many times, I never had the opportunity to catch a single musical. Well it was worth it - fantastic music, backdrop and costumes. It's a clever story based on Gregory Maguire's book Wicked:The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West


Thanks to Alden though for being a good 'teman' and listening to my tirade before - sorry ah

I wonder how many hours of work the cast has to go through for each scene and little movement - it must take such amount of stamina. And they have to perform it for 8 days a week for months(years?)- nothing short of amazing. Alisha Khadime was the star in this show I think - I prefer the quality of her voice compared to the other female performers in the show.

I didn't even realize that the music was live - thought it was a recording until I saw the conductor waving about in the middle. Oh well, it's really years before Malaysia can get to this level of entertainment.

Anyway if Wicked does ever come to your shore, I'd highly recommend it.

2 comments:

mr. barney said...

You watched it already!!!! I sooooo wanted to watch it when i was in Australia in June but i went a mth too early - wrong timing... it only opened in Melbourne around July :(

I'll have to make do with the soundtrack CD which i got my hand on last year *sob*sob*

mr. barney said...

oh, forgot to add... you should've catched it last year when Idina Menzel was in the lead - she was good! I read great reviews....