Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Romping Roma, Navigating Napoli and Caprice in Capri,

Was back in Rome for a day last Friday to collect my Swedish Visa. And so thus far, the Trevi Fountain thingy was true. One coin to return to Rome, and another for your wish to come true. Down one, another to go. I did the 1-hour Vatican shimmy from St Peter's to the Vatican Museum along with all the other tourists. The Sistine Chapel was great except that they didnt let us take any pictures....but I did anyway just for the heck of it. Also had the chance to visit the 100 Flavour-Gelati shop near the Pantheon....took a conno 3-Gusti pistachio crema, Cioccolato con Cannella and Miele con susamu. yummyyyy

Saturday went to Napoli by train and took a ferry to the Isle of Capri....Caaapri....not caPri. NO one understood us when we first pronounced it. Capri was lovely..a private playground for the rich and famous, the poverina like us could also enjoy the fantastic views on the coastline. Had a mishap when climbing a natural arch...landed on the coccyx but fortunately bum had a lot of fat to cushion the fall. Otherwise, Capri too had those quiet spots of wonder which I found in Venice and Bologna...those little nooks and crannies that make you wonder 'Is this a dream?'

As for Napoli, the day ended with me arguing with a ego centric hostel owner which ended my day sourly somewhat. The girls in my room ( 2 from Austria, 2 from Germany and 1 from Scotland) made the evening more bearable with a glass or two of wine and beer. Francy came late and we could only spend the little time together over breakfast. And Napoli pizza is good, believe me.

So all good things come in 3s for me - the Rome-Napoli-Capri trip was a welcome break in the break.....stattbuon for me now!

No comments: