Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Morning Runs

After settling down for about 2 weeks now in Heriot-Watt Uni in Edinburgh, my typical days now begin with my 7am morning runs. Warned my course mates that I'm a freak - 2 or 3 of them now join me occasionally for a jog around the campus grounds.

Every training has its unique moments. Sometimes its a reflectful jog in the woods, or seeing some swans and mandarin ducks on the canal. At times it's fighting the blustering freeze or pouring rain.

Sometimes there are glorious sunrises with pink and purple blazing the sky or it could be grand dark clouds overhead with mists rising over below.

And so I wonder : Isn't life like a jog in the mornings? It has its moments and it has its mundanity - but if I'd stopped jogging and stayed in bed, life would be so much less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great scenery shots. Its nice to wake up having such a view everyday like that :)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your experience. Hope to pay you a visit next year. I am checking on the price tickets to Milan already....take care