Friday, October 21, 2005

The week that was...

Here's a summary of exclamations, utterances, messages that made the week that was for me...:

"You're lazy." This comment hits me like a blow on the head. Maybe its a case of "Siapa yang termakan chili, terasa pedasnya" (Malay proverb literally translated says "Who eats the chilli, will feel the sting")

"Don't make me ineffective!" This comment makes me feel helpless. This is the problem of communication breakdown between two departments -why can't people accept the responsibility given to them? And what makes the person think that they themselves aren't very effective either?

"Have a good day" This exclamation is said every day. The person that said it made me realize that politeness pays (most of the time). It's rare to find well mannered people come to think of it.

"Let me send you to your place" This comment makes me retreasure the person who said it. Old good friends are harder to find.

"I've never felt so dissappointed in my life" I think I said this my self one time this week. But I'd rather think about getting myself together after the dissappointment than dwell on it.

" What is your nice unfair advantage?" A very useful reminder of re-evaluating your strengths and weaknesses.

"Everyone lives as if they'll never die." I mis-interpreted the person the first time I heard it by answering "But that's the way we should live?" What she meant was that people live their lives in a thoughtless manner. If we realized how limited our time were, we would most probably be living it differently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Everyone lives as they will never die" should be read "Everyone LEAVES as they will never die" according to your interpretation... We live as if we were unvulnerable. We ARE vulnerable. Buddhism suggests to live according to the 3 'R': Respect yourself, Respect the other and take Responsibility for your own actions. Don't it say it all? Cheers.

sarahlaw said...

Yeap, one should live as if their life is going to end, then we would really live life to the fullest. Wonder why am I not together with my family, instead staying all alone in KL. "Die Alone" is what predicted by one fortune teller before.