Monday, October 03, 2005

Last Weekend - Melaka Hunt and gym

Last Saturday, I went on a Treasure Hunt in Melaka with Anna (I call her my crazy Italian lady which I think she doesn't mind - she says if 'one cannot be crazy, one cannot be wise'). It was organized by her friend Marie-Francoise for the French Association. Things started well when I got lost to her finding her place (seems I discovered a quirk of mine - I can't follow instruction and directions very well) which kind of foretells how I would fare in a treasure hunt. Haha

3 cockerels, dead Francis Xavier missionaries, Tiger Gods, crypts, weddings, 'handless' statues, old Indian mosques, the Melaka tree, baba nyonya heritage, historians, herb gardens - it was the first time I 'discovered' Melaka after having visited it for the umpteenth time. The thing that left the deepest impression on me was Serge and Casey, the couple who passionately spent a year rebuilding a dilapidated rickety storehouse into a beautiful inn with a legacy and character. Thanks Anna and Marie Francoise for the trip!

Sunday was another eventful day - I spent it in the only way I think best suits a Sunday - working out and shopping. I did back-to-back classes of Bodystep, Bodypump and Bodybalance. I wanted to run another 1/2 hour after that but when I fell asleep in Bodybalance, I knew my body got the better of me. As Sarah, my friend couldn't make it, I was on my own and free to do what I want - rediscovered that I like shopping alone. As Fitness First was at the Curve, I spent the next few hours perusing the shops....and short-term gratifying myself with a few purchases. Aaah....what a weekend. So I'm a few pounds and ringgit lighter come Monday - gosh I don't want to look at my credit card statements this month end!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad a Malaysian discovered something more about her country! I met Sharon today at the supermarket, and told her about doing some creative workshops at 76 Heeren Street. She is ready to do it but only after Chinese New Year. So, start saving those precious bucks! Ciao

Fiona1 said...

Oh goody! Will definitely save up some money for this but CNY is end of January. That's pretty long time away...we could do a small writing meet one of these days to build momentum:P

bibliobibuli said...

Yep, we'll have a meet - suggest a date ... I like the idea of a retreat in Malacca - and I agree with anna's words about wisdom and craziness ...

Fiona1 said...

Great! It sounds like a plan then:)