Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Piano Girl


I'm really excited about my friend's piano. She ordered it last Saturday and it's finally coming! Angie will and always will be THE music girl in my mind - and also my best friend by the way. Days of us dressed in turqouise secondary school uniforms (hers seemed a different colour from the normal turquoise I remember) and going for choir practice every week after school come back to me everytime we sit at the piano on some evenings to make music. I don't have any pictures of us then - they are misty, watercolour images in my head; the school piano, the stage, the velvet curtains, the choir girls in uniform - but the feelings of the harmonies and the fun we had are still very much alive and everytime we sit at the piano it all comes back to me. Angie is always the organizer -she was the one leading the school choir and was president of the music society then. I remember a time in Form 4 when we had an inter-school choir competition and I was really nervous about fumbling as the piano accompaniment. We were in the midst of our exams but yet had to compete so I didn't really have much practice. It would have been really bad if the choir failed to do its best when the accompaniment spoilt it! She gave me encouragement and talked me out of it. Thankfully it went well.(we didn't win though, St John's Choir took the trophy I think)

Angie, here's to your new piano - the music's always there with you!

2 comments:

~La Libellule Rouge~ said...

FEEEEYAAWN!!!!!! I can't believe you put that picture of me on your blog!

Ok, yes... I'll always love music, and I'll definitely always treasure those times we spent making music together. Love you, girl.

It's finally coming!!! Now you have to come to my place to play the piano. More time spent at Kinokuniya buying piano books!

Hey, guess what, too. I'm thinking of going back to playing duets as well!!

Fiona1 said...

Coool! Let's do it babe!