Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Raya on a Tue with Nothing to Do

Its the 2nd day of Hari Raya and a Tuesday. I honestly thought it was a Sunday and even told my ole american friend Matt on MSN Messenger-"It's now a Sunday morning and it's a holiday" That would make the time-difference between Malaysia and US by a good 48 hours. Hooray talk about living in the past.

Today I'm currently finding internet surfing very entertaining - you should do what I do:

1) Get a book on current issues
2) Start highlighting stuff you don't know about.
3) Then, start 'search'ing it on Google.

My 'diggings' are as follows:

Source of info : All from Thomas Friedman's book "The Lexus and the Olive Tree"

What I'm curious about? "Word Search"
1) Why would they call bonds Sally, Ginny and Fanni Mae? "Sally Mae Bonds"
2) Where is the Golan Heights and what is the issue with Syria? "Golan Heights"
3) Since when did Britain & Argentina have a war? Where is the Falklands? "Falkland+map"
4) Where is Palestine? "Map of Palestine"

Happenings in the Homefront, Malaysia and the World:
Nov 14 Malaysia celebrates Hari Raya
Nov 11 Yasser Arafat Dies - plunging the Middle East into uncertainty
Nov 11 I went to Penang to attend Choon How's wedding



"To be curious and be killed is better than to be asleep and unfulfilled"

No comments: