Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Blog-in Your Sorrow for Your Successors Tomorrow

Blogs.

I'm pretty excited about my first blog. (What a word - blog blog blog - I like how it sounds)

Its amazing what people would invent next. Frankly speaking, I find most blogs terribly uninteresting -random unremarkable thoughts belonging to someone translated into squiggles of html. Normally I'd screen through the first few lines and I'd get lost there-on.

But then again, if you want to peer into the person's mind - look into his blog. And what you write can be a pretty powerful thing . Writing reveals a lot about a person - what can be more baring than writing your daily thoughts down, what more on the net a.k.a. the WORLD Wide web.

Malaysian culture does not encourage one to express one's opinion lest weaknesses are revealed. It is said "if you want to bring your enemy down, take advantage of his weakness" So would that mean that whilst writing a blog, you're at risk of exposing your vulnerability online? -In this part of the world, I would presume that blogs are a rarity then. (Ha -someone go look this up)

OR it could be said that if you want to know how 'free' a person is, look at his blog entries. The amount of leisure time one has would have a high correlation with the number of blog entries. So if you want to know whether some one has too much time on his hands, look at the number of blog entries.

Well that's my half-baked ideas for the day.

"Watch your thoughts; they becomes your words.
Watch your words; they become your actions
Watch your actions; they become your habits
Watch your habits; they become your character
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny"

ps. Look at more opinions on blogs

1 comment:

Joe said...

Hi Fiona,

Congratulations on your blog's birth!

I promise to not take advantage of any weaknesses you may reveal when writing :-)

Is it just my research or is blogging enormous in South East Asia? Half the blogs I randomly come across are from that part of the world, particularly Singapore.

I'll place a link to yours on mine soon.


PS: I don't have any free time because I'm always writing blog posts ;-)